Mysterious Third Murderer: Kaley DeMont
Act 3 Scene 3
The third murderer could be anybody in my opinion, there's so many people to choose from. But the third murderer has to be someone that Macbeth trusts enough to kill Banquo and won't betray him unless Macbeth did not send another murderer. The murderer also couldn't have been at the feast either because Macbeth would have known they were gone. I think no one in the play will have Macbeth's trust because he said he doesn't trust anybody anymore, and he only trusts himself. So therefore I think the third murderer is the Attendant.
The first reason why I think the third murderer is the Attendant is because he was the only person that could have known about the plan about killing Banquo. The Attendant was the person that opened the doors for the two murderers and lead them to see Macbeth. In the play after Macbeth tells the attendant to bring the two murderers to him it says “ Now go to the door, and stay there till we call [Exit Attendant],” (III.i.78) that doesn’t necessarily mean that he went far enough to not hear Macbeth talking to them. I think he only went around the corner and as soon as he heard them talking about killing Banquo he listened to the there whole conversation which told him the plan. The attendant might have a motive about killing Banquo for some reason.
The next reason why I think it's the Attendant because macbeth doesn't trust anybody not even his own wife. If he couldn't even trust and tell his own wife that he was going to murder Banquo and his son Fleance then why would he tell anybody else? That's right he wouldn't because the only other person that knows about who killed Duncan is Lady Macbeth which I would assume he would go to her about another killing. Also when he was talking to the murderers that was the only time he talked about his plan out loud and the only person that could have overheard the conversation was the attendant. He was only waiting outside and could have eavesdropped on the plan and conversation.
The last reason is that the third murderer couldn't have been at the feast and banquet because people would notice that someone part of the celebration was missing. In scene 4 right under where it says it, it is the list of people that was at the banquet and those were all the lead suspects in the play. It says Enter Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, Ross, Lennox, Lords and Attendants. Even tho it says Attendants they are nobodies to the high class royalty in the Palace so no one would notice that one of them were gone, so he could easily sneak into and out of the party without anybody noticing he was there or gone.
I agree with Morgan because I also thought it was the Attendant, we thought very similar in our ideas about the evidence on why he would be there murderer. I like how she had lots of quotations to back up her statements about the attendant and we both noticed that below where is says scene 4 it lists the names of the people that entered the palace to help prove each of our theories. I like how she used connections in her blog about macbeth and the murderer.